Once in a while our bodies need a little pick-me-up; the skin especially. Over time and through all the challenges we put it through, our skin gets wrinkled and saggy. How do you undo this? Don’t throw yourself into complicated plastic surgeries. Restore your face’s youthful vibrancy and smoothness with little to no pain or hassle. This can be done with the minimally invasive facial rejuvenation procedure that is the PDO thread lift.
The thread face lift is a cosmetic treatment that found popularity in all parts of the world thanks to the amazing results it produces. Its effectiveness is renowned by cosmetic centers everywhere making it one of the most demanded treatments today. And among these countless centers that perform the thread lift, NYC clinics offer some of the most satisfying service.
It’s the angles and contours of your face that make it look young. Unfortunately, over time, these fade away and are replaced by saggy and loose skin. Thread lifts restore this youth, by tightening the skin and promoting collagen production, a kind of protein that’s responsible for your skin’s strength and elasticity. MiracleFace MedSpa’s veteran practitioner, Dr Schwarzburg, knows all the nuances of the thread lift. Using a special instrument called a “cannulla”, the PDO threads are inserted into the designated area of your face. They are covered with small barbs, which cling onto the skin, tightening it and smoothing out the surface.
This is a very simplified explanation of how PDO threading works. But just because it sounds simple, doesn’t mean it is. So it’s crucial that your practitioner has plenty of experience and knows their way around the procedure, like Dr. Schwarzburg at Manhattan’s MiracleFace MedSpa.
PDO Face Lift Special
What are the PDO Thread Lift Areas?
- Jowl lift: Jowls are the little pockets of skin hanging under the jaw. They like to ruin the most perfect photos and can be really annoying. A thread lifting should do the trick and get rid of them.
- Jaw thread lift: Straighten out the jawline and restore that chiselled profile with a thread lifting.
- Double-chin thread lift: Tired of that double chin just hanging about? PDO threads can make short work of it, leaving your chin single, as it should be.
- Nose thread lift: Why go through expensive and complicated plastic surgeries, when a much more comfortable solution is available? The minimally-invasive thread face lift procedure also works with the nose bridge and tip, bringing out a more attractive shape.
- Forehead thread lift: Forehead folds are among the most visible wrinkles on the whole face. Straighten them out with a face lift and leave that area absolutely smooth.
- Facial threading for wrinkles and deep folds: Thread lifts don’t simply tighten the face. They also promote collagen formation, which is naturally done by your body. This collagen is what’s responsible for your skin’s structural integrity, strength and endurance. With a little extra production of this amazing protein, your skin will retain its smooth and vibrant appearance for longer.
- Cheek thread lift: Cheeks shouldn’t be saggy; they make you look so tired. Instead, they should be perky and plump, enough to make your face appear ready for anything life throws its way. And this is possible with a thread face lift, which works to improve the shape of your cheeks.
- Nasolabial fold thread lift: Ever smile and notice the lines going from the side of your lips up to the base of your nose? Those are the nasolabial folds and they can be very annoying. Smile confidently after a PDO thread lift.
- Thread lift for acne scars: Almost everyone has to live with the pain of acne scars. Why live with them, when you can minimize their visibility with PDO thread lifts.
- Threads for lips: Don’t be scared of cosmetic lip treatments. PDO thread lifts further accentuate the lips, which retain their beautiful and authentic appearance.
What to Expect from a Thread Lift Before and After
Being a minimally invasive treatment really takes the PDO thread lift to a whole new level. Not only are you going to see visible improvements, smoother and more vibrant skin, but it’s also done with nothing more than a few injections. The PDO threads are inserted under the skin, left there to tighten the skin. After a few months, they begin to dissolve, but in the process, promote collagen formation which will take on the responsibility of lifting the skin. So even after they’re gone, your skin stays smooth and tight.
As with any other cosmetic treatment, a consultation is required before the treatment. The treatment is designed to be as inclusive as possible, but we’re all built differently and your body may not tolerate certain things. During the procedure itself, there’s going to be a light anesthetic applied to your face. This prevents you from feeling pain or discomfort throughout the insertion of the needles. If you ask our MiracleFace MedSpa clients about their experience during the procedure, they’ll tell you it was pretty much painless. So there’s nothing to worry about.
Once the threads are inserted, the practitioner will massage your face to get them into their final position. Depending on the number of threads used, where they’re being inserted and what results are expected, the procedure will last anywhere from 20 to 60 minutes. Everyone’s treatment is going to be unique, so there’s really no way pinpointing an exact amount of time, but either way, the procedure is quite short.
As you can see, there’s really not much to prepare for before or after the PDO procedure, so just take it easy and let the professionals handle all the rest.
Thread Lift NYC Frequently Asked Questions
HOW LONG DOES THE PDO THREAD LIFT PROCEDURE TAKE?
Anywhere from 20 to 60 minutes, depending on the number of threads and where they’re being inserted into. You can get a better time estimate during your pre-procedural consultation with our specialists.
HOW LONG DO THE RESULTS OF A THREAD FACE LIFT LAST?
The effects last 3-4 months. There is a lot of variation depending on individual lifestyle, metabolism, etc. ‘How long does it last?’ is therefore a question that has an individual answer. For example, for new patients, whose muscles have not been relaxed before, the effects may wear off faster. So do not worry if the results fade off earlier than expected after your first treatment as you can always come for an additional touch up.
HOW LONG IS THE RECOVERY TIME FROM THREAD FACE LIFTS?
Being minimally invasive has many advantages, one of which is the recovery. Since your body takes barely any damage other than a few microscopic injections, there’s not a lot you need to recover from. Other than having to restrict excess facial movements for the first two weeks, there’s nothing else you really need to worry about when it comes to recovery.
HOW SOON DO THE RESULTS BECOME VISIBLE?
Within the first two months, you will see visible improvement in your face. It will look smoother, more vibrant and contoured, just like it was when you were younger. The lifting effect will begin to fade away slowly throughout the coming months, but the improvement will remain. Because your body replaces the PDO threads with strands of collagen, the results won’t fade with the lifting, but will instead get better over time.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET A PERMANENT THREAD LIFT?
Few things are permanent in life and the PDO thread lift is no exception. But while it may not be permanent, it does come pretty close. Few procedures out there will have lasting results like PDO, which can stay visible for up to 2 years. With the occasional touchup and proper care, your PDO results can outlast most other treatments on the market.
WHAT IS THE COST OF BOTOX NYC?
You can expect prices anywhere from $1500 to 5000$ for one session. While the procedure is non-surgical and minimally invasive, it’s still very complicated and requires a lot of finesse on part of the practitioners. With delicate work such as this, naturally you can expect to pay a fee you wouldn’t call “cheap”. But considering how long the effects will last, the pricing is quite reasonable. You can always get more details on the payment during the pre-procedural consultation.
WHAT SIDE EFFECTS CAN I EXPECT FROM THREAD LIFTING?
Side effects are few and far in between. Thanks to the treatment being minimally-invasive, you won’t have to worry about taking all kinds of medication just to keep the side effects at bay. What you’ll be noticing is light bruising, maybe a little redness and swelling. But these you can easily take care of with household skincare products.
ARE THREAD LIFTS PAINFUL?
Other than the light tugging, a little pressure and a very faint sting, you won’t feel any pain whatsoever. Even clients who are very sensitive to pain have reported feeling almost no discomfort throughout the whole thing.
IS THE PDO THREAD LIFT PROCEDURE SAFE?
There are certain risks associated with this procedure and your doctor will address them all during your consultation.