Summer is almost here, which means lots of time spent outdoors in shorts, bathing suits and sandals. It also means lots of sun exposure.
It’s important to take care of your skin all year long, however even more so during the summer to protect against harsh UVB and UVA rays, and skin cancer.
5 Summer Skincare Tips
To prevent sun damage, uneven skin, redness and more, follow these tips to ensure your skin stays healthy all summer long.
- Lather on the sunscreen! Sunscreen is one of the best defendants against sunburn, premature aging, skin discoloration, and more. Protect your skin by wearing sunscreen with an SPF 30 or higher and lathering up at least 15 minutes before heading outside. Even if the day is overcast, UVB rays can still penetrate the skin and cause damage.
- Drink lots of water. Staying hydrated is key to staying cool in the sweltering summer months. This prevents dehydration and keeps the skin looking healthy and moisturized. It also helps the skin fight unwanted sunburns.
- Treat sunburns. The first step to fighting a sunburn is to get the inflammation to go down. Apply moisturizing cream or lotion, hydrocortisone cream for discomfort, and take an ibuprofren to reduce swelling and redness. Be sure to stay hydrated, as sunburns draw fluid to the skin surface and away from the rest of the body.
- Eat healthy. Keep your fridge and pantry stocked with healthy foods and snacks. Not only will this help with any weight loss goals you’ve set, but will also keep your skin glowing and healthy all summer long. Ideal foods are leafy greens, avocados, tomatoes, pomegranate, and nuts.
- Get a chemical peel. Chemical peels, such as a salicylic acid peel or a superficial chemical peel, help clear up dull, dead skin cells. This helps even out blotchiness and discoloration, while reducing excess oils. It also clears out your pores bacteria, leaving fresh and healthy skin.
Maintaining a skin care routine, exfoliating, and exercise can also help your skin look nourished and healthy all summer.
Schedule Your Raleigh Medical Spa Appointment Today!
Evolve Medical Spa offers chemical peels, laser hair removal and other skin care treatments to help you look and feel your best all summer long. Schedule your complimentary consultation today by calling 212-203-9428 or filling out our online contact form.